Baccarat online – Play Baccarat on Indian online casinos
Baccarat is most likely the ‘easiest-to-understand’ of the casino table games available at an online casino. We’re baffled as to why it doesn’t get more attention than it does; if you compare it to other popular card games like Blackjack and Roulette. For this reason, we want to break down any barriers or reservations you might have about Baccarat and walk you through how you can play the game, how easy it is to get started, followed by a short group of tips and tricks to boost your chances of winning. Lastly, we’ll also recommend the best Indian online casinos where you can play Baccarat for real money.
Baccarat: How to Get Started
Baccarat always starts with the bet. You can bet on either of the hands. The two hands are the player and the banker.
Once this has been done, the cards are now dealt. Two cards will then be dealt to the player and two cards to the banker. A player or dealer holding the shoe slides one card out and places it face up in the Player’s box on the felt. The next card, the first of the Bankers hand, is placed in the Banker’s box on the table. The house then deals another Player card, then the second Banker card. The dealer’s first round consists of two cards for both the Player and Banker.
Now the point total of the two sets of cards will be announced. The cards have their face value unless they are a ten or a face card (a face card is a card in the deck that has a painting on it that includes a face i.e. any King, Queen or Jack). In that case, they will be worth 0 points. The Ace is worth 1 point. If the card count total is over 10, then you take the number of the second digit for your hand total. So, if the card total is 11, then the value of the hand is 1. To win Baccarat, the hand that you are betting on must be the closest to nine.
Are There Any Other Cards Dealt?
At this stage, it all depends on what the point total is. If it is a ‘natural’ win (i.e. the first 2 cards total 8 or 9) then no, the game is over at that point. After this, it is a case of working out whether the player can draw an additional card. The player must always stand on a total of 6 or 7. If their total is between 0 and 5, they must draw an additional card unless the banker has already won. Note that the banker will draw a further card if the following occurs:
- If the player ‘stays’ then the banker will draw a new card if their hand total is 0-5. They will stay otherwise.
- If the player’s third card is 9, 10, Face or Ace, the Banker draws a new card if 0-3 and stays otherwise.
- If the player’s card is an 8, then banker draws on 0-2 and stays otherwise.
- If player is 6 or 7, the banker draws on 0-6 and stays with a 7.
- If the player is 4 or 5, the banker draws on 0 to 5 or stays on 6 to 7.
- If 2 or 3, banker draws on 0-4 and stays with 5-7
The winning hand is the one closest to 9. If it is a tie, then neither hand is a winner and the bet is returned.
Top Baccarat Strategies
We have a couple of tips for you here. However, bear in mind that the game is so simple that it is tough to come up with a plethora of tips. It is a game that you really just ‘experience’:
- If you are allowed to bet on a ‘tie’, never do so. The odds of winning this are so abysmal that you are unlikely to ever win.
- Always bet on the banker. This hand stands the biggest chance of winning. Not by much, but the banker hand should win a shade over 50% of the time.
- However, do bear in mind that a commission is normally paid from your winnings when you bet on the banker. This will be dependent on the casino, but it is normally around 5%. However, you will still win more on this bet as it will come in more frequent.
- Keep an eye on your bankroll. Baccarat, due to the way it is set up, is basically flipping a coin. This can make it very easy to blow through your bankroll, particularly as many of the games are ‘fast-paced’.
Play Baccarat at Indian Online Casinos
Now you have an idea on how to play the game of Baccarat, the great news is that there are plenty of Indian online casinos which offer the game to play for fun or real money. Popular versions of online Baccarat available at Indian casino sites include Baccarat Squeeze, No Commission Baccarat, Lightning Baccarat and High Limit Baccarat.
Our top tips for the best casino sites are below. You’ll find each online casino accepts new registrations from India, has the facility to accept the Rupee currency, offers easy to use banking methods like UPI and Netbanking and also offers online Baccarat games in several versions and formats like we mentioned above, among many other popular Indian casino games too.
Make sure you don’t miss any live dealer Baccarat games either; these games will give you a ‘real’ casino experience as if you were in a land based casino like Las Vegas or Macau because they’re broadcast on the screen from a live casino studio. Each online casino we recommend also offers fair and lucrative casino bonuses and we can vouch that they’re safe and licensed to ensure you have a safe and secure online gambling experience.